UPCEA: 2018 West Region Conference
Each year, our region gathers to learn, share, reconnect, and recharge. We discuss the finer points of program management, marketing, financial models, and industry trends. Through the Emerging Leaders Pre-Conference and countless informal opportunities, newer professionals have a matchless opportunity to pick the brains of some of the preeminent leaders in our field. We celebrate the faculty, staff, and programs that are innovating and making a difference in our divisions, campuses, and communities.
As we look forward to this year’s conference, I fully expect us to continue all of the things that have made it one of the highlights of my year. I also look forward to us tackling a number of questions that have been on my mind recently. Perhaps they have been on yours, as well.
- How do we make space within our programs and our organizations for underrepresented voices?
- How do we handle the sometimes intense changes in our organizations and the broader higher education landscape?
- How are we building partnerships in our campus and community?
- What are we doing to support and uplift the next generation of professional and continuing education professionals?
- How do we balance innovation, revenue generation, and our ideals?